Sunday, January 02, 2011

Happy New Year!

Well, it is now 2011. I never dreamed I would be around for this year to arrive. I figured I would have been transfered to heavenly places by now... but guess HP has other plans. 2010 was a good year. I found where I was needed as far as the jub is concerned. I am working at the Kroger fuel center and I love it! There are lots of older people who just want to talk and need someone to listen and I seem to have lots of time for that lately.This last month or two there have been more younger people, so maybe they will begin to share soon. I am learning that they have to gain your trust before the sharing starts.

My food is going well. I have lost down to 268 so far! That has just been by asking HP to help me with my food plan and eating during meal times only. If I do have to have a night snack, I try to make it fat free and low in calorie. This past year I found out that I was diabetic, so that has really helped me to get serious about my food. I found that I wasn't really watching things, I was just trying to please others. That is one of my defects of character. Now is the time to get serious and take care of me. As I told someone yesterday, Only I am going to take care of me. Others really don't care if the truth were told. They have their own set of problems to deal with.

Ok. So, 2011... my plans are these:Work the step, Go to meetings. Write daily in my journal and weekly here, and Ask for HP's guidance in All things!

Other things I would like to accomplish is to read the Bible through and compare it with the AABB. I know there is much to be learned in those pages and I need to findish what I started last year. So we will see how it goes. The last thing is to keep in touch with my sponsor and sponsees on a weekly basis. We can do this if we do it together. As they say...

Together we get better! Happy New Year!! Cindy

1 comment:

memoirs of this binge eating triathlete said...

Great post & great goals. I love that you found a great place to work that you enjoy.