Tuesday, June 13, 2006

ME



"I am the only "me" I've got. I am unique. There are two major parts of me. There is the inside "me" and the outside "me".

The outside me is what you see. The way I act, the image I portray, the way I look and the things I do. The outside me is very important. It is my messenger to the world and much of my outside me is what communicates with you. I value what I have done, the way I look, and what I share with you. The inside "me" knows all my feelings, my secret ideas, and my many hopes and dreams. Sometimes I let you know a little bit about the inside "me" and sometimes it's a very private part of myself.

Even though there are an enormous number of people in the world, no one is exactly like "me". I take full responsibility for "me" and the more I learn about myself, the more responsibility I am going to take. You see, my "me" is my responsibility. As I know myself more and more, I find out that I am an OK person. I've done some good things in life because I am a good person. I have accomplished some things in my life because I am a competent person. I know some special people because I am worth knowing. I celebrate the many things I have done for myself.

I've also made some mistakes. I can learn from them. I have also known some people who did not appreciate me. I do not need to keep those people in my life. I've wasted some precious time. I can make new choices now. As long as I can see, hear, feel, think, change, grow and behave, I have great possibilities. I'm going to take those risks and those possibilities, and I am going to grow and love and be and celebrate. I am worth it."

From the book called "Learning to Love Yourself" by Sharon Wegscheider-Cruse (page 81).

1 comment:

Katy said...

Hi there!

I'm so happy I found your blog and can't wait to read all your great stuff... I too am on this journey through OA and am so grateful to have this amazing source of support online.

It's late over here in my neck of the woods so I'll be back another time to read until my heart's content... God knows I need my beauty sleep (wink wink!)

Anyways, just thought I'd leave you a note and say thanks for sharing your journey... I look forward to reading more. I'll definitely be back! I hope you'll drop by my blog if you're ever in the neighborhood (hee hee)

Warm Regards,

Katy