Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Tradition 7 - Fully Self-supporting

Tradition 7: Every OA group ought to be fully self-supporting, declining outside contributions.

As I thought about this tradition, I feel like it is similar to Tradition 6. Both of them are saying that it is important to stay in connection with your Higher Power and follow His lead. They both say that we are not to depend upon someone else, because if we do there my be problems which will hinder our primary purpose.

Here we find that self-supporting is VERY important. I have to agree. In my life when I have depended upon others for assistance, they usually want you to agree to do something in exchange for the help, or they have this running list of "what I have done for you". The list is to be sure that we always "owe" them. When I saw this picture, I was reminded of the one thing that I need to always remember. The upper hand is God's reaching down to me. If I keep that connection with Him, He will always help me. I won't need someone else's help because He will make a way! What an awesome God we have!

No comments: