Monday, February 06, 2006

Step 2 "Came to Believe"


"Came to believe that a Power greater than ourselves could restore us to sanity."

When I look at the steps I like to take them apart, bit by bit. I want to get all I can get from them. So, if you don't mind... this first post is going to be on "Came to Believe".

The first thing that comes to my mind when I read this step is that I am going to have some sort of awakening within myself. I am going to search for what I believe in. For me, I have always believed in God. He has been very real to me. However, when it came to giving my food habits to Him, I doubted His love being genuine. How could He have time to spend with me and my food habits when there are others with such bigger problems? I felt He really didn't have time for me.

When I shared this with my sponsor, she reminded me of who God really is. He is love. He cares about me in the same manner I care for my children (only at a much deeper level!). I don't want anything to harm my children. I want only the best for them. That is how God feels about me! He loves me... JUST AS I AM! I don't have to change anything for Him to love me.

So, when I look at "Came to Believe" I evaluated Who my God was and how I saw Him. I also began to see that there were many things about Him that I didn't know. Our relationship was just at the "hello" stage. So today, I am learning more of Him. I want to know what He wants for me, what is it He values as important, and what my life is with Him running it. Just like all my relationships, I want this one to grow. I want to say that I really KNOW Him. Right now I can't do that.

Now, before we go on, look at your Higher Power (HP). Do you know who He is? What kind of relationship do you have with your HP? Are you willing to learn more of Him and feel His love? Today I pray that you will be able to say that you have...

Came to Believe!

No comments: