Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Think!


Good morning!

Wanted to start today off with a thought that has often got me into problems... Thinking! My thinking in the past has always been negative. I knew that whatever the outcome of a situation, it would always be negative. Nothing positive ever happened to me. (At least that is the way I thought!)

Today my thinking is different. I anticipate good things in my life today, because my God wants to give me His best. When I finally took the first 3 steps of OA, I found that things began to change in my life. Each day came with new blessings. Because I started the day by turning my day over to God (my Higher Power), I found life beginning to get exciting. Today I look for new things in my life, positive ones! I look for challenges that He brings my way and how He expects me to meet them. I think about others more today than I used to do. How are they feeling? Do they need something I have? Can I give them help or love today and ease their burdens? This is a different kind of thinking than I have ever done in the past.

When I was writing this out, God reminded me of a scripture that I would like to pass on. He says, "And now dear brothers and sisters, let me say one more thing as I close this letter. FIX your thoughts on what is true and honorable and right. THINK about things that are pure and lovely and admirable. THINK about things that are excellent and worthy of praise." Philippians 4:8. May this help you today to think about Him and how He wants to bless you!

Remember.... THINK!

No comments: