Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Taking a Leap of Faith


I just wanted to share with you today a small treasure that I have found. A few months ago my sponsor suggested that I join her at the convention in Missouri so we could meet and share our programs. I was really looking forward to it. Well, things happened and she decided that I needed to get another sponsor. I was irrate. What had I done to make her so mad? I was hurt. I wanted to see her, to give her a hug. Now she just said that and there was no talking about it. Well, I already had my ticket and couldn't get it exchanged, so I went to the convention.

I say all that to tell you this... That leap of faith, of going to the convention in a town where I knew no one, was a blessing for me. I found so much love there. I found a peace within by being there and a strength that will never be taken away from me. It is amazing how things always work together for our good. I didn't realize that God was in the midst of all this. Sure I said my prayers and asked for His guidance, but did I expect Him to handle this? I guess not... or I wouldn't be as surprised as I am.

Today I have once again been reminded that all things work together for our good. God has reasons for everything that happen to us. We may not like the outcome at the time, but in the end, we will find our blessings. Today I would love to say thank you to my sponsor who chose to let me go. She did what God wanted her to do and I appreciate her listening to Him. I have been changed and blessed by all that has been done. He is working in me and I am grateful.

I am glad I took that leap of faith and got on the plane to Missouri. I am glad I met new friends. I am glad I am able to share with you what He has done in my life. When you come to the crossroads and are not sure what to do, just ask Him. He will tell you what is best for you.

Thanks for listening! CD

No comments: